New Visiting Times
Following feedback from patients, visitors and staff, we now plan to offer flexible visiting each day between 3pm to 8pm.
The new flexible times have been introduced across all wards however, some ward areas may need to put some restrictions in place to ensure that patient treatment is not compromised. Where this happens, staff will engage with families and visitors to explain. Please check with the ward before planning your visit.
Wards with restricted visiting include:
- Ward 18 - Visiting Time is: 7pm - 8pm Monday to Friday and 3pm - 4pm & 7pm - 8pm at Weekends
- ECU - Visiting Time is: 7pm - 8pm Monday to Friday and 3pm - 4pm & 7pm - 8pm at Weekends
- CCU - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 4pm and 6pm - 8pm daily
- Adult Critical Care - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 4pm and 6pm - 8pm daily
- Neonatal Unit - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 4pm and 7:30pm - 8:30pm daily
- Ward 20 (Paediatrics) - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 4pm and 6pm - 7:30pm daily
- IPCU (Mental Health) - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 8pm by appointment only
We recognise the key role that relatives and carers have in helping us to plan and deliver personcentred, safe and effective care.
We are committed to improving the care provided for patients with Dementia and
have signed up to “John’s campaign”.
Relatives and carers will be welcomed and encouraged to be involved at every
point of care in the patient’s journey, from outpatients, to the theatre entrance; at tea
time and overnight; during periods of planned or emergency care; every day, every time.
Please speak to the nurse in charge if the person you care for needs you and you are able and willing to stay with them.
Welcome to University Hospital Wishaw
University Hospital Wishaw is a district general hospital with a 24-hour accident and emergency department. It has 626 inpatient beds. Contact Details:
University Hospital Wishaw
50 Netherton Street
Tel: 01698 361 100
- Lanarkshire's maternity unit, the second largest in Scotland, delivering 5500 babies each year (see a virtual tour of the unit here)
- Paediatric neonatal unit
- MRI scanner
- Elderly care and psychiatric day hospitals
- Emergency care unit containing an integrated accident and emergency unit with a 36-bed ward
- Director of Acute Services - Heather Knox
- Director of Hospital Services – Marion Mark
- Chief of Medical Services - Mr Hakim BenYounes
- Chief of Nursing Services - Gillian Corbett
- Divisional Nurse Director – Frances Dodd
Your Feedback - comments, concerns and complaints
NHS Lanarkshire is committed to improving the service it provides to patients and their families. We therefore want to hear from you about your experience. If you would like to tell us about this please visit our feedback page.